Banwen RFC | 1st Team 40 - 27 Glyncorrwg RFC | 1st Team
Jacob David French
Try 1
Rhodri Morris
Try 1
Michael Wynne Smith
Conversion 3
Penalty 3
Try 1
Leighton Dean Llewellyn
Try 1
Sean Antony Llewellyn
Try 1
Jonathan Howells
1 Try
Steffan Hnatiuk
1 Try
Benjamin Evans
3 Conversion
2 Penalty
Steven Lewis
1 Try

Match Report
24 September 2017 / Team News

Great Game shame about the result.

On the road for the third week in a row we travelled up the Dulias Valley to Banwen and we lost our first game in a very good match which was open from start to finish. Banwen kicked off in bright sunshine and with a strong wind behind their backs. After some early pressure by our hosts we took the lead with a penalty by Ben Evans but within a few minutes Banwen scored a well worked try. From a scrum in our twenty two the Banwen fly half looped round his centre to set the wing for a try out wide which was converted.  Banwen then increased their lead with a penalty.We then came back with another penalty by Evans to cut the lead to one point. A poor clearance kick by us fell straight into the arms of their veteran scrum half Rhodri Morris who then broke a tackle and chipped over the top to beat Steffan Hnatiuk to touch down by the posts for a converted try. After some pressure from us Banwen dropped out from their 22 the ball went to Rhodri Milsom who broke numerous tackles and with support both sides he found full back Hnatiuk inside for a try which Evans converted. Banwen then increased the lead to 20pts to 13 with the game going into the final few minutes of the half we put our hosts under pressure Captain Damian Warlow looked to have scored a try but with the ref unsighted he went back to a penalty and after a series of drives prop Steven Lewis crashed over for a try which Evans converted. But within a minute they took the lead again with a penalty after Rhodri Milsom was yellow carded for handling on the floor.

Within a minute of the second half we were down to 13 men when young flanker Lewis Reynolds received a yellow for was seemed a deliberate knock on. Then the gates opened and we shipped 3 trys of which 1 was converted. After this setback and back up to fifteen men we had the better of the game. We scored a third try by Johnny Howells who played in the centre because of a few backs were unavailable  the try was converted by Evans and that was the last score of the game. We were unlucky not to get a fourth try when hooker Liam Gibbs dropped the ball over the line. If he had scored we may have got two bonus points out of it with 4 trys and a losing bonus point. The game was well controlled by referee Mr. Ryan Lewis of Cwmamman.

No Game next week because our due opponents Pontrhydyfen have to play their postponed WRU Bowl game. Our Seconds xv will be home for a 2-30 pm kick off v Nantymoel all support welcome.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos