Tonna RFC | 1st Team 7 - 55 Glyncorrwg RFC | 1st Team
Steffan Hnatiuk
2 Try
Rhodri Milsom
1 Try
Alun Newell
3 Conversion
Benjamin Evans
2 Conversion
1 Try
Steffan Williams
1 Try
Marcus Atyeo
2 Try
Daniel Richards
1 Try
Steven Lewis
1 Try

Match Report
17 September 2017 / Team News

Good win in a monsoon.

We traveled to Tonna for the first round of the WRU bowl competition and came away with a good win in monsoon conditions all through the first half. This was our biggest win since we beat Bryncoch RFC at home by 42 points to nil on 29th March 2014. The game kicked off in bright sunshine and the unbeaten Tonna started the game well and with us also unbeaten someone's record had to go and thankfully it was not ours. From inside their own half the Tonna number 10 chipped over our defence but only found full back Steffan Hnatiuk who brushed off a would be tackler to race away, the cover defence came across and he found wing Marcus Atyeo who raced away to score the first try of the game. Our second try was soon to follow when after some good work we won a scrum close to the line and number 8 Steffan Williams drove over for a try which wing Ben Evans converted. Very soon after Atyeo scored his second try when he again burst away to score outwide for Fly half Alun Newell to convert. Not to be out done on the try scoring act full back Hnatiuk who was having a splendid game broke the cover from some 40 yards to cross for try number 4 under the posts which Evans converted. After some good forward pressure the next try came from player coach Steven Lewis who helped out at prop because of a late withdrawal of John Bevan for family reasons. After a ruck Lewis came on a charge from 10 yards to crash over the line for the try which went unconverted. With the half coming to a close we turned the ball over on our 10 meter line it was worked right to Evans who raced away to score the last try of the half for a 36 point lead.

The second half started and the heavens opened up and i am very sorry but i retreated to my car and could not see a lot of the game. We then scored a try but sub Centre Rhodri Milsom on for the injured Evans which Newell converted. Next to score were our hosts Tonna who scored a converted try. We soon hit back with another converted try the try was by Daniel Diddy Richards converted by Newell. and with the game coming to the end we finished off with a second try by Hnatiuk which went unconverted. The game was expertly controlled by referee Mr. Mark Johns of Pencoed.

Next week we travel again up to Banwen which will be a very hard test. Kick off is at 2-30pm all support welcome.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos