Glyncorrwg RFC | 1st Team 56 - 15 Bryncethin RFC | 1st Team
Leigh Di'iulio
Try 1
Rhodri Milsom
Try 1
Damian Warlow
Try 2
Steffan Williams
Try 2
Joshua Thomas
Try 1
Gareth Kingman
Try 2
Benjamin Evans
Conversion 5
Penalty 1

Match Report
02 April 2017 / Team News

At long last and well deserved win.

This game was between the bottom two teams in the league and it was expected to be a close tight game. This was probably the strongest team that we have put on the field this season. Glyncorrwg included the grandson Leigh Diiulio of Mr Keith Hier on permit at scrum half from Birchgrove RFC and he proved to be a live wire throughout the game causing all sorts of trouble with his darting runs and sniping around the fringes.

The game kicked off in bright sunshine after a heavy shower about a hour before the game and like last weekend we scored a try within 2 minutes when debutante Leigh Diiulio picked up from a scrum and after some inter passing he crossed for his first try for us which went unconverted.  After 8 minutes Bryncethin cut the lead to two points with a well struck penalty. We then won a penalty some 30 meters out which Ben Evans put over for a 8pts to 3 lead.With the Corrwg pack getting the better of their opponents we scored our second try when second row Damian Warlow scored but again we failed to convert. After another couple of minutes veteran fullback Gareth Kingman crossed outwide on the left after some good work Ben Evans converted from the touchline.Glyncorrwg were well on top but Bryncethin were giving it everything and some good defense kept them at bay. After 35 minutes a good movement the ball went along the line to left wing Josh Thomas who beat his opposing wing to cross out on the touchline for a try which Evans again Converted for a half time lead of 27pts to 3.

The second half was very much like the first half with us well on top but Bryncethin never threw in the towel they kept going to the end. After 50 minutes we increased our lead when Kingman finished off a great move up the right again Evans converted from outwide. Kingman left the field shortly after to be replaced by another vet in Rhodri Milsom and his first act was to swap passes with wing Evans and Milsom was on hand to take the final pass to score but Evans failed with his conversion. Then came a period of quick fire scoring where three trys were scored in 3 minutes we scored two of them through Warlow and number 8 Steffan Williams which one was converted and the replied with a good try of their own when they worked their wing free. We then scored our 9th try of the match when Steffan Williams crossed for his second try which Evans converted. From the kick off we tried to run the ball back and we were intercepted by the Bryn outside half who had a stroll in under the posts for a converted try.

Next week we travel to Crynant RFC for our last away game kick off is at 2-30pm.All support is welcome, we then finish off the season with a game home to Vardre on 22nd April and the final game of the season will be at home to Crynant on 29th April all kick off's will be at 2-30pm.

Player of the year presentation will be 20th May at the clubhouse. Entertainment will be provided. All supporters welcome. 


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos