Neath Athletic RFC | 1st Team 7 - 55 Glyncorrwg RFC | 1st Team
Nigel James
5 Conversion
1 Penalty
1 Try
Jonathan Howells
1 Try
Ioan Williams
1 Try
Steffan Hnatiuk
4 Try

Match Report
26 January 2020 / Team News

4 Try Hero.

We welcomed back Lee Bevan after a 8 month injury layoff and in doing so we switched Steffan Hnatiuk to the right wing and Steff responded with a four try salvo. We kicked off attacking the Changing room end of the sticky Court Herbert playing fields. The early exchanges were quite even and it took 20 minutes for to register the first score after our forwards got on top and from a series of drives loose head prop Ioan Williams placed the ball at the base of the posts for a try which Nigel James converted.

It was not long before we scored our second try from a five meter scrum which we drove back but the Athletic collapsed and the referee Mr. Marin Beazer had no hesitation but award a penalty try.

Both teams began to move the ball around and from one attack up the right aa series of runners broke tackles and outside half James found himself on the end of  a pass from Rhodri Milsom so 10 yards out he run unopposed to the line for a try which he converted for a 21points lead.

Going into the final play of the half and with a rare visit into our red zone the Athletic moved the ball along the line to score a fine try. this left the half time score at 21pts to 7 in our favour.

The second half began and we turned the screw up some and we soon scored our fourth and bonus point try when Scrum half Jonathan Howells scored his trademark bulldozing run for the line breaking tackles to score his try converted by James.

After this it turned into the Hnatiuk game, after a move up the right a long cut out pass found him unmarked and he scored his first of the game which went unconverted. His second try came from a scrum close to the line when he came between Jonny and Nigel to score  to the right of the posts James added the extra points.

His third try came from an attack up the left which broke down but James seen Hnatiuk out wide and a cross field kick was gathered by him on the try line for a easy score. Then with the last play of the game we attacked up the left spun the ball along the line to Hnatiuk to score in the corner and a fine conversion from James ended the game.

We know have a break of a couple of weeks because of the Welsh rugby Internationals our next league game will be on the 15th February but before that we play Baglan RFC at Tonmawr RFC in the semi final of the district cup kick off 7-15pm.




There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos